Uncle Kurt and Aunt Kelly's wedding was last weekend, the 21st, and it was quite an adventure for the Huber gang. Mike and I were in the wedding and Christina, our nanny/babysitter, came with us to watch the boys and help run baby interference. The day went smoothly overall, although I was very nervous and a bit tense, not only because it was the boys' first big group outing but also because it was my first big group outing post pregnancy body and all...a bit nerve racking for all of us. Chris is very good with the boys though and she knows how to keep them happy and Grandma and Grandpa and Mike, daddy, were on hand to help out at the times when I had to be elsewhere getting ready or taking pictures. The wedding was beautiful and Kurt and Kelly looked amazing and happy. Mike and I had a great time and after the ceremony and pictures, the boys' were transferred (thanks Tim and Miro) to Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Tom and went home to Royal Oak for the night so that Mike and I could have a night off. It was a wonderful evening and very quiet...but we greatly appreciated the night off. The boys seemed to have a good time and slept well that night for Grandma and Grandpa.
The Huber Family All Dressed Up

The Bride and Groom
Grandma Carol and The Boys

Unfortunately Saturday night, during our night off, the effects of food poisoning, we're not sure what from, hit me and Mike and mine continued through to Wednesday. Needless to say I was in bad, bad shape. I got really dehydrated and my milk supply dropped off greatly and I was pretty much completely useless Sunday and Monday and part of Tuesday. Mike was feeling bad too so he had to stay home Monday, but he really stepped up and took over the boys most of the time and our friends chipped in (thanks Miro, Jason and Christina) and Tom and Debbie came over to help us out too. Thankfully I started to get my energy and some hydration back by Wednesday and by the end of the week I was tired but getting back to normal. It has been a challenge to get my milk supply back up, it went down to 20 ounces from 80 ounces, but it is getting there, I have had 60 ounces or so the past few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment