Monday, August 11, 2008

Mama said there'd be days like this

Dear God, they have been crying ALL DAY LONG and I can't keep up...they are teething and they want to be held and they want to sit up and play but you see they can't sit up without help and they get bored so easily all of a sudden with all of the things that used to keep them happy so that I can't feed one without every one else crying because they know that someone else is being fed and they aren't and there is only one of me and there are definitely three of them...this is one of those days...so I stepped away and I am letting them cry and I am crying too...

I love them so much but it is sometimes very hard to be alone with them for 9 hours a day and I feel like I can't meet their needs the way that they need to be met and days like these make me feel so tired and so disappointed and they make me wish I was rich and could have a nanny and they make me wish I was a saint with lots of patience and although it would be inconvenient for many reasons they make me wish I had 6 arms...and I wish they didn't have helmets on and it wasn't 90 out because we'd be walking and I'd have headphones on...please let me make it through another day...let them make it through another day...

4 comments:

Meluch+3 said...

Hang in there. My guys are a few months behind yours, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. But I always tell myself to hang it there. It always seems better after a quick breather.

Mel

Unknown said...

Oh friend. *hug* You did the right thing to step away and catch your breath.

Do you use herbal tea? There are some great commercial varieties at Kroger, for example. Or even just plain chamomile - for ALL of you! You could soak a washrag in chamomile tea and freeze it to give to them. I can't remember if you said they were teething or not - if you haven't noticed it yet, this is likely a culprit. If so, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Hyland's teething tablets - they are homeopathic, available at the grocery store, and every mother I know who has used them SWEARS by them, including me. *nods*

Also, what about shutting the blinds and turning on a lullaby CD on low (library) after all, music soothes the savage beast. Another idea (just throwing them out there) is gripe water if they are having gas or tummy aches *thumbs up* it's a dilute solution of ginger and fennel that really soothes upset little tummys.

That's all I have for now. I hope something might give you and your babies some respite.

*hug*hug*hug

Paula said...

When Angie acts up she is given a Wii controller and that usually calms her!! :) It won't be long until the boys can really "play." That will give you small breaks. Will they watch Baby Einstein DVDs? Babies like color, music and movement. Maybe they are still too young for those yet? You are a great mom Leah....hang in there. Your boys are handsome and growing so big!! Smile and remember how truly blessed you and Mike are. Hugs, Paula

Unknown said...

How're you doing?