The cold by itself is a bit of a pain in the behind, but the teething on top of it is a real treat. Teething is exciting and yet not so exciting all at once. Its great to see them advancing and hitting milestones, but this particular milestone times three babies is a bit daunting. They are trying to shove anything they can get their hands on in their mouths and when they can't get anything in their hands, they are just shoving their hands in their mouths...they are like hungry, hungry hippos...they come at you with their mouths open in hopes of eating your nose or chin off. Pretty much when they don't have a bottle in their mouths they have their fingers or hands or some toy in their mouths and so everything, and I mean everything is wet and slimey....like I said, good times. They are drooling so much that this morning I looked at Zachary and though, hmm I didn't know that shirt had two colors...and then I realized that it didn't, one was dry shirt and one was wet shirt...eeewwww. Triplets are not for the faint of heart...Konrad is so grabby with his little hands and he is fast, really fast. This morning I was changing him and I set his dirty diaper aside so I could quickly wipe his bum before he got his hands in it and before I know it his dirty, nasty diaper was flying through the air because he'd gotten his hands on it and was flailing at it. Needless to say it was a mess and he was laughing and talking and squealing, I know he knew what he'd done, I just know it.
Mikey has started doing this funny thing with his tongue, I think he is feeling his gums but whenever you look at him, his little tongue is out and pointy and he is blowing raspberries and making a mess of himself, but he looks so darn funny that you can't help but find it endearing. Zachary is just hilarious with his talking, he screams and squeals and he loves to talk past his bottle and pacifier. It seems like the second you put something in his mouth he starts talking away. He looks up at you with his beautiful blue eyes and long lashes and smiles this special grin of a smile and starts talking and cooing and really I think he is just practicing for future wooing of the ladies because he is adorable. Really, snotty or not, they are all just amazing.
Despite their sicky icky selves, we took them to the State Fair this past weekend to celebrate Grandma Debbie's birthday. It was probably too hot for such an adventure, but it is a tradition so we went. It actually wasn't too bad and we didn't stay that long anyway. Of course we got the usual comments and stares and a few people pointed...I always like the pointers, I mean really, you are gonna point at us, I am pretty sure your kid will see us with the verbal directions you gave them "Look triplets, triplets honey, triplets. See THREE babies." Do you really have to point as well? We mostly get the "Are those triplets?" "You've got your hands full" with a few "Holy crap"s and "Better you than me"s thrown in for good measure...nice. I do like going out in public, really I do...
We celebrated cousin Finley's 2nd birthday this weekend too. He is so cute and smart and he is getting so big, he definitely isn't a baby anymore. I can't even imagine our boys looking like such little boys, but it will be here soon enough, they grow too fast. It is really funny to see the babies watch their cousins and other little kids, they are enthralled. They did a lot of staring and interacting this weekend, it was great. They got to play with their cousin Lila, she was born in April and is "Konrad size" and they mostly got held and pleasantly spoiled by all of their Grandmas and Grandpas and relatives this weekend. They love the attention.
My three sickos...still very cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment