Friday, November 21, 2008

rosiola and heebie jeebies...ugh

So the boys somehow got rosiola....we are thinking either the doctors office or the picture studio...gross...but thats the only places that I have taken them in the past two weeks so it has to be it. It started with fevers and weird inconsolable crankiness for a couple days and now it has progressed to a full head to toe body rash. The pediatrician says it will go away in a few days...I hope so. Konrad got it first and his pale skin is pinker than if I sprayed him with paint, then Zachary followed 12 hour later and now Mikey. They are not pleased. I think it itches or at the very least their skin seems more sensitive because they are definitely not themselves. I seriously feel like I am surrounded by a bunch of sick and whiney, grumpy men...did I mention that Mike is sick too. He is a veritable germ factory or his work is anyway. I don't know what they do at his work, but it seems like every other week they have some sort of yucky virus going around and almost everyone catches it...including Mike. I mean, wipe some counters and doorknobs down folks...gross. And of course he still goes to work...si dies everyone else obviously and so that it why everyone is getting sick...but what do I know, I am just a nurse, hehe. If they stayed home when they were sick then they wouldn't get other people sick...hmmm a concept...Seriously, this is the third or fourth icky that Mike has brought home from work in the past 2 months or so and of course it goes through the boys. I did not get the last one, it was a respiratory virus, but the babies did and this one is a achy, chills and sweats, nauseas and sick virus...and I don't want it. Mike says that his whole body hurts and he is being quite dramatic about it all as only a man can be...although I am sure that it hurts and he is obviously having temperature issues since he is wearing sweatpants and sweat shirt one second and then underwear the next, laugh. I just hope that me and the boy don't get it since they are already sick and I don't need them getting even more sick...this is enough. Okay so I am done with that little rant, but jeese oh, I hate the winter/cold and flu season. As a mom it is just nerve racking.

On a side note, this is my 125th post...pretty impressive if I may say so myself. The next mission in my life is to get all of the boys sleeping in their own cribs and room together all of the time. No more swing, no more Mommy and Daddy's bed. They are just going to have to learn to deal...now the actual implementation of this is going to be painful...hopefully not impossible in Konrad's case...but painful. Konrad rolled out of my bed yesterday...it is a big drop. He is getting so squirmy and mobile. I don't even think that he was awake until he hit the floor, poor baby. All I heard was a big thud and then he started screaming, of course I ran in and snuggled him for the next hour or so and he was perfectly fine laughing and smiling only minutes later, but it makes me so sad and I don't think that repeat performances can be very good for the poor little guy...jeese...I surrounded the kid with pillows, I do everytime, but somehow he squirmed his way down to the foot of the bed and off onto the floor. So for his own safety and my peace of mind, the child needs to be in his own bed...how I am going to make that happen, well that is another story...I don't know yet...good plan, laugh. I am taking the mobile off his crib so he has nothing over his head and I am giving him a blanket that was in my bed for a few days...but I can't do anything about the noise of his brothers other than wait until they fall asleep and risk Konrad waking them up...so that is my plan of attack so far...we will see.

1 comment:

Gramma Mitchell said...

Pictures of the baby...i live for pictures of the babies. I know your hands are full right now, but just a few picture, plllllllllllllz