So lately little Mike has started screaming at the top of his lungs every time he sees one of us eating...he is obsessed with getting us to give him a taste of food, obsessed. Then when he gets a taste he says "mmm mmm"...he also says this before he puts anything into his mouth so if I am in the other room and I hear him "mmm"ing I know to come running because he has found something, laugh. He is getting very, very mobile - dangerous mobile. He is so close to being a very fast crawler, he gets up on his knees and then flops down on his belly and then gets up on his knees...and he porpoises across the floor. He is faster than I think he is. Yesterday at my sister's house he went from one side of the living room to under the Christmas tree in the 2 seconds I looked away...there he is face to a branch tasting a bristle...his little voice saying "mmm mmm". We picked him up and put him in a walker and not minutes later he had pushed an entire pench over into the Christmas tree and knocked over all of the ornaments...oops, the Hubers are here...great...lol. Konrad isn't far behind Mike with the crawling, he and Zach are in a serious race for second. Although Konrad is scooting backwards. He gets so excited, pulls himself up on his knees and then...he goes backwards...he gets so mad. He was trouble yesterday too, literally 1 minute after we pulled Michael out of the Christmas trees we had to pull Konrad out from under a chair that he had back-scooted himself under...ugh. Oh well, they are cute even if they are trouble. Konrad will start mimicking Michael or Zachary if he sees them getting excitement out of the adults. If Mike or Zach is screaming and we are laughing you hear little Konrad trying to whip up a squeal...it's definitely funny. He is his own little guy but he likes the spotlight. Zachary is just noisy. Not like Mikey noisey, Mikey makes noise to get people to look or to be the center of attention, I think Zachary just likes to hear his own voice. He growls and laughs and squeals and lately he has been trying to get little Mike to do it back at him. He will get all excited and jump up and down when Mikey looks at him and then when he has his attention he will scream or growl and if Mike does it back Zach gets so happy. They will be growling and screaming back and forth at each other like little puppies in the living room. Hilarious. They also play some serious bumper cars with their walkers. One would think that Konrad gets pushed around all of the time because he is smaller but he knows that if he backs up and then gets a running start he can really move his brothers out of his way. They are all pretty fast and agile in their little walker cars. They really impress me with some of their maneuvering. They used to get stuck places all of the time, now when they get stuck they shimmy back and forth until they break loose and then start running again. The other amazing thing is how much they are eating right now. They each eat 6-7 seven ounce bottles a day and then they share 6 tablespoons of oatmeal and 2 jars of fruit in the morning and then 6 tablespoons of oatmeal or rice and 2 jars of vegetables in the evening. Lately I am having to break into the thrid or fourth jar of fruit and vegetables and add in more cereal too! Mommy's little piggies! I think they are having a growth spirt right now if that is even possible. I put them all in their high chairs and then just go down the line feeding them, one bite each and so forth. Recently they started watching each other take bites and they open their mouth miming the motion like little birds, and then they realize that it wasn't their bite and there was no food for them and they get mad and start grunting or shouting for their turn. I have to shovel the food into all of their mouths so fast so that I can move onto the next baby before they all get really mad. I feel like I am playing hungry, hungry hippos or something. Right now our house is noisey, crazy, and chaotic and it makes for a tiring but wonderful life...although I feel like I am running around all day long just trying to meet all of their needs and sometimes not quite making it. So far they seem to forgive me, so I must be doing something right, laugh.
Mikey smiling for the camera

Konrad hamming it up

Zachary laughing at his own jokes

Waiting for breakfast!
No comments:
Post a Comment