Wednesday, January 14, 2009

but soft, what light from yonder east...

I can see the light!!! My boys are starting to come back to me. I almost cried this morning when I heard them laughing, playing and chattering away in the living room...these sounds of normalcy are something I haven't heard for days. They still have very snotty noses and junky coughs, but its better than that barky non-productive cough so we are making progress. They are getting less needy and much more independent again too...almost back to themselves, although they are still milking it here and there, laugh. Each one of them is so very different and never has it been more apparent this past 10 days of sickness. Konrad is so Konrad, he just wants to be held and loved on and cared for and he wants is to go away and stop. Zachary is such a good sport and a fighter until he is really, really sick and then by the time he goes down he is in trouble and it is bad and has snuck up on us all, then he wants to be held because he is scared and usually so am I. Mikey is the ultimate drama king. He will play and play right through the inconvenience of it all until he has an audience or actual pain, then he can whip up tears and the puppy dog face with his lower lip out like no other and although he doesn't really want to be held, he will hold his arms up and whimper like he does and then cry anyway when you pick him up. The same exact illness started out so very differently in each of them, but now they are pretty much a chorus of junky coughs and sniffles, laugh. I can only hope that they keep getting better.

During this same 10 days, little Mikey cut three new teeth, poor baby and Zachary and Konrad are working on their two top teeth as we speak. They are all getting faster and better at crawling and they are so interactive with each other. They are walking while holding on to our fingers and sometimes they try to take off while holding nothing because they are so used to their walkers holding them up for balance...that is a lesson they will not have to learn to many times I should think, face plants are a hard learning method but highly effective. Konrad and Zachary have clearly voiced and meant their first words. Konrad will say "mama" to me when I am holding him or walking out of the room away from him, he also say "ohbee" although we don't really know what this one means. Zachary calls "dada" to Mike and sometimes to me, but he is definitely a Daddy's boy and knows that it means daddy. Mikey hasn't clearly spoken to us yet, but sometimes I think that he will open up his mouth and entire paragraphs will just start flowing. The boys are starting to develop their own little language and noises too. They have a certain growling noise that they all make to each other and then laugh and laugh and they run around after each other doing this and a few other noises over and over again. I absolutely cannot believe that we are in the last 2 weeks of their eleventh month...we have had them for almost one year, simply amazing.

Mike with 103 degree fever...this about sums the past week up
Grandma Carol and Georgia feeding the boys

No comments: