Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Fun!

We had a very busy Memorial Day weekend. We celebrated the Birthday of Mike's sister Meggyn, now Aunt Meggyn, on Saturday. It was so nice to see so many of our Cousins, Aunts, Uncles and friends on the Huber side of the family. It has been a very exciting and reproductive year for the Huber family and two of our Cousins had babies in March, so we had 5 new additions in 2 months! Definitely something to brag about. All of the new babies were at the party, so we met Charlotte and Isabella-our new cousins- and they are BEAUTIFUL girls and growing so fast. It is so exciting that we all had babies so close together and I am looking forward to seeing all of our babies grow up together. Our holiday gatherings will be very exciting for a few years with all of the toddlers running around!

On Sunday we went to see the Richardson family and celebrate Aunt Hannah's graduation from High School. We are so proud of her and happy for her. I can still remember what a relief it was to finally be done with high school and I can definitely see that relief and the anticipation of college in Hannah. She is going to be going to University of Michigan this fall so she will not be too far away from us, which I am selfishly very happy about! Uncle Kurt was in town from Seattle for a couple of days for the celebration and it was wonderful to see him even if it was brief. Aunt (or soon to be) Kelly couldn't come this time but she was here in family because her Mom and Dad, Judy and Steve, came to the party and celebrated with us and met the boys-so it was nice to see her through them :) And happily Kurt and Kelly's wedding is coming up very soon, so we will see them all in the near future (yay, woo hoo). The party was a success (good job Grandma Carol and Grandpa Kurt). It was a beautiful day with good food and good company and many of the Roberts/Richardson family members and friends were there and were able to meet the babies for the first time. The Roberts/Richardson clans have a few new additions too and the boys (and Mike and I) met their new cousin Lila who was born in April and the boys met their Aunt Georgia and Uncle Kevin who brought us news of our newest cousin Cecelia who was born just this past Thursday (Congratulations Emmalia and Devin)! So many babies, so little time...

It was really great to finally be able to take the boys to a gathering now that RSV/flu season is over and they are so much bigger and healthier. I am so happy that the boys are here and doing well and for the past months we have been stuck at home and I have wanted them to meet their extended family so badly. I am so glad that they have and I was very proud to show them off! The boys behaved incredibly well at both parties and tolerated being passed around and held and fed by so many people much better than I expected. They handled it with much less stress than their mother, laugh. I on the other hand had chest pain and heart palpitations the entire weekend...I am an anxious person really...but everything was fine, great really, and the babies are definitely no worse for the adventures. Thank god they haven't created bubbles, I think there is a chance my babies would be in them, laugh. They'll be 10 years old saying "Gees mom, I can walk by myself now, really...mom, my friends are watching, gosh"...hopefully I will learn to let go a bit more a time goes by, right now it is still a conscious effort to make myself sit down and let other people feed and hold the babies without running around and fixing blankets, making adjustments, dabbing mouths and giving tips. I am just so used to doing everything by myself that sometimes having help doesn't feel all that helpful because I am so distracted by my worries that the babies will get their needs met. If I wasn't still breast feeding, I may have been drinking happily this weekend to take the edge off...the water just didn't have the same effect...

It always takes a couple of days to get the babies back on schedule after they get off schedule. We had a couple of very cranky days Monday and Tuesday, but things were getting back to normal last night and the boys are pretty much back on schedule today. Oh well...baby crying, got to go...

Babies in their Triple Decker stroller with Daddy,
Aunt Donna with Isabella, and Cousin Sara with Charlotte

Great-Grandpa Huber with all of his great-grand children

No comments: