Tuesday, December 2, 2008

10 months old, crazy babies!

I can't believe that the boys were 10 months old yesterday, how time flies when you are having fun. Updates...Mikey is around 20 pounds, he has one tooth - almost two, he can army crawl and is thinking about actually crawling, he is a bit of a ham and he has learned to cough or yell for attention. He is feisty and a bit of a toy stealer. He is our best sleeper by far and takes 2 hour naps and sleeps 12 hours at night when Zach lets him. The best thing is that in the past few days he has started singing. I always sing when I lay him down for naps or get him up in the morning and a few days ago I went into his room and he smiled at me, made a very serious face and started singing. I joined in and he smiled ear to ear and kept on going! Now he greets me with a smile and a song most mornings, how adorable. Zachary is around 21 pounds, has two sharp little teeth, and he is almost ready to army crawl. He gets where he needs to go by rolling there or whining until I move him. He has started screaming and growling recently, whichever suits his fancy and he is definitely mimicking sounds and actions. He has the best dexterity and his pincher grasp is mean, mean, mean - he always goes for the arm pinch. He gives lot of hugs when he's tired, he nuzzles up to your shoulder and puts his head down, so sweet. He is low key, very good natured, smiley, and he is winning the award for "most pleasant baby overall" these days. He still loves his daddy best of all and he is a bit possessive. He starts jumping up and down to be picked up when Mike comes home from work. He almost sleeps through the night but he routinely wakes up once between 3am and 5am for a bottle or a pacifier repacement, but he goes back to sleep fairly quickly. Konrad is around 17 pounds, has two teeth, and he is close to army crawling as well. He gets up on his hands and knees every so often but is not as persistent or determined as Mikey so he hasn't started moving yet...his preferred method of transportation or toy retreival is to scream, cry and whine until one of us does it for him. He is very silly and eager to smile and interact. He is very, very sensitive to tone and words and he loves positive praise and he gets very worried and responds very poorly to negative tone. He is a bit of a clingy monkey due to his separation anxiety issues. He is very exciteable, very ticklish, loves to laugh and he can be quite a goof ball when he wants. He is still having night terror issues and he doesn't sleep through the night, not even a little bit, like 5 or 6 screaming wake ups doesn't sleep through the night...but he really is quite charming and silly at times and when he smiles he lights up the room and makes us all laugh.

I have to admit that since winter has set in and I can't get out into the world as easily, I have been having a hard time with the boys. I am lonely for adult conversation and interaction and I definitely have a bit of cabin fever. The boys do too and they are starting to get bored very easily. They know that if only they could walk or crawl they could be independant and I think that it frustrated them. They are so smart and growing so fast, it really is quite amazing. I am so very thankful for them, I know that things could have been so different for me and for my boys. They are healthy and beautiful and they truly are my greatest accomplishment. I try to remember these things when three sets of eyes are pleading and three sets of arms are reaching and three little mouths are screaming, lol. It really is a good life, just a chaotic one.

Zachary being curious and noisey,
Mikey, sleeper extraordinaire, sleeping right through it

Making a mess and loving it!

1 comment:

MtnGirl said...

Try letting them play with different textures - I'd use edible things since they are still so young i.e mayo, relish, pudding, etc. If they taste it, it will be OK. If possible, get some different toys such as a cardboard box. some pillows for them to crawl over (with supervision), things that they can cruise around if they can pull themselves up. Can you take them for a walk or is the weather already nasty? Take them for a car ride and just get out of the house. I'm sure you can easily get cabin fever......write on your blog! Call friends to come over, write letters to your friends and relatives. Your little guys are just too cute for words and I love how well you know them!