Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chatter boxes

The boys have all found their voices and lately they like hearing themselves talk...it's a toss up as to which parent they got that trait from...they also have started really noticing each other which is very cute and sometimes not as cute. They definitely know when we are holding someone else and sometimes they don't like it. Zachary is extremely aware of bottles, surprising I know, and he gets very excited when it comes toward him and he knows that its time to eat but this also means that when I am feeding one of his brothers he tends to get a bit cranky, especially if he hasn't eaten first. Although all of the boys' cries are very distinct, Konrad and Michael have the same little voice, or very similar, when they are talking to themselves and so sometimes it is hard to figure out who is gooing and yesterday they were laying next to each other on their sides looking at each other gooing to each other in their baby language and they had a ten minute conversation...I think they knew what they were saying...I couldn't believe how engaged in each other and interested in each other's talking they were. Zachary talks to himself constantly but he has a completely different voice and makes completely different noises when talking to himself or to us...its definitely interesting. They all laugh now and it is so funny when you get them all going with their belly laughs. Lately they are really into "Boo!" and then they all laugh but I have to be really careful that Zachary knows its coming because if he gets startled or scared then he starts hysterically crying and he is inconsolable and then Konrad starts crying because he is so sensitive to his brothers' cries and then it is not so fun anymore. Konrad is wonderfully ticklish on his feet and belly and if oyu catch him in a patient mood he will laugh and play with you for a long time. Mikey just wants to sit up and stand up and so he is a bit high maintenance right now, I think he would sit on your lap all day and just look around...he is so nosey. Mike is not the only one into standing, they all love to stand up and jump with their legs and they are starting to use the excersaucer and we are thinking of trying the jumperoo soon. We go get out helmets tomorrow...I hope it goes well...I hope it isn't too traumatizing for them or me. Next week is appointment hell with their 6 month check up on Tuesday then Mike's cardiology appt on Wednesday then their eye doctor on Thursday and somewhere in there we have to fit in a helmet appt! I will try to keep the blog updated. Wish us luck.

Mike and Konrad talking to each other

Amber is helping to keep them entertained!
Konrad found his thumb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow that's a lot in one week! Good luck!