helmets oh helmets...the helmet appt was today and it was 3- yes you heard me- 3 hours...can you say ugh...I was not prepared for this so we screwed up our nap schedule and didn't bring enough food...talk about a recipe for disaster...First little Mike decided that he was starving and ate all of Konrad's food in addition to his own before I noticed how much he had eaten there was only 1 ounce left then Zachary ate all of his 7 ounces right away...since when do we eat 6 and 7 ounces boys?? So we were out of food immediately...the helmets got tried on then adjusted for 10-15 minutes then tried on again then adjusted then tried on again...each time getting the helmet on and off the boys weren't entirely happy about it. Also no one mentioned that the helmet was going to make them overheat, common sense maybe but when packing up triplets for an appointment it is not the first thing on my mind this morning so they all overheated in their helmets and it didn't help that it was 77 in the office room...2.5 hours passed like this and the boys escalated each half hour that passed the less consolable they became...we walked them in the hall we rocked them we let them play on the table..Chris and I baby juggled our little hearts out...it got so bad at one point that Konrad got himself into such hysterics I thought he was going to explode with his little face so red...I was desperate and had to go into the bathroom and try to fill the bottle by hand expressing my milk into the bottle, it was quite ridiculous actually, but I managed to squirt 2 ounces in there (and all over myself) and that took the edge off for him a little bit. They were all SOOOO overtired by the end of the appointment. We go back next week for adjustments and then every 1-2 weeks after that. But we got the helmets..they look okay...I am not coping as well as i had hoped, I want to snuggle their little heads and kiss them and nuzzle them and now they have helmets on their heads, one more barrier...grrr...they look like dark helmet from space balls, heh heh, or little astronauts and so the entire drive home we were singing a bit of "this is ground control to major tom"...we are so easily entertained but really if I didn't laugh I would cry...
Mikey in his helmet-doesn't he look just disgusted
Zachary in his helmet
Konrad in his helmet-oh boy, was he complaining
We finally got home, yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment