Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sippy cups and snow babies


We tried sippy cups yesterday. They did okay with them but they mostly wanted to eat the handles. I will keep trying though until they figure it out. We got a third baby walker yesterday and it is pretty hilarious to see them all racing around in the walkers. We line them up and do races, Mikey always wins. He is amazing in that thing. He just whips himself around and then runs in the other direction. The other two still get stuck on furniture or in corners or doorways, but Mikey just backs up and turns around. There is lots of traffic jams because our house isn't that big so they end up face to face and pushing each other into other rooms. They are loving the freedom though and it makes them happier then being stationary. I know that people say it can hamper their walking development but for me it is a life saver. They can come and see me in the kitchen or go back into the living room and they have the freedom to explore the house a bit. Anything that buys me a good 30 minutes of peace and time to clean, cook, make bottles, or do laundry is a good thing...

We also got them winter buntings. They look like little blue starfish or snow babies. They are so darn cute it is almost unbelievable. Mike takes them out on walks every evening and sicne it is getting dark so soon and colder when the sun goes down he has had to stop. But last night there was light and so we bundled them up and got them all snuggly in their blankets and buntings and off they went! They came home with cold noses but warm everything else, so that was a success I suppose...their daddy needed a bunting too so they didn't stay out that long which was probably best for the sake of their cold noses. 

Our yard is so full of leaves. I look at my leaf piles and think of next year or the year after when I will have three little hellions to run around in the leaf piles and make more work for me but for good reasons.  I loved fall and leaves as a kid. I still love fall and pumpkin patches and carving pumpkins and apple orchards. They make me happy and I really look forward to sharing this time of year with my boys in a few years. It's full of such excitement.

Auntie Chris with Zach and Konrad
Snow Babies
Konrad and his sippy cup
Zach and his sippy cup
Mikey and his sippy cup

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love these new pics! They are getting so big! I can not believe it!