I guess looking down at my belly I feel like I have 3 or 4 pounds of baby and accessories in me, though some days it feels like more. I am starting to get tired again and my second trimester energy is waning into some sort of survival mode energy. I still find myself wishing that I could do more but I know that the people around me will help me get things in place. The baby's room is painted and wall papered, courtesy of my mom and dad and Hannah and the cribs, dressers and changing table are put together. So, the basic shape of the room is in place, though it was a bit of a tetris game to figure it all out ( I made Mike and my dad move the cribs like 3 times before I was content on the set-up, laugh). I am anxious to make up the beds and get some of the baby things put away but I am holding off for a few more weeks until after Christmas.
I really want to get into January before washing the clothes and putting them away, it takes some of the pressure and nerves off of me as I am waiting for 24 weeks to safely come and go if the baby things are still all stacked up with tags on, weird I know but true. I have faith that we will make it to 24 weeks an beyond and that the boys will be okay and healthy but I am still scared and opening everything is just a little too much still for me. The closer I get to 24 weeks, our first line of safety, the more nervous I get. I hope that I will feel some relief each week after 24 weeks as the babies grow and stay inside.
I am just starting to really feel the boys kick. This is a very odd and exciting feeling to me. I was starting to think that I might never really feel them other than the fluttering or swishy feeling that I have been feeling for a couple weeks now. I have always known that they are in there because I see them on ultrasound and I definitely feel something but to have them actually start kicking is very cool. It makes me smile every time and gives me reassurance throughout the day that they are okay and hanging in there and to have all 3 going at once is just hilarious because I feel like there are little jumping beans in there like a bad speedy the mouse cartoon. I have to say that the thought of 3 babies inside of me is still about the wildest thing I have every heard, but there they are kicking and squirming and letting me know that they are in there and doing just fine!
Our next doctor appointment and ultrasound is December 18th and we will have crossed the magic 24 weeks threshold, woo hoo!

No comments:
Post a Comment