Wednesday, January 16, 2008
October 15th, 2007- 15 weeks
We had our 15 week appointment and ultrasound today. I get so nervous before my appointments that I make myself really sick. I just get worried and I want to see the babies so bad to know that they are all okay still. I can't feel them yet and the only way I know that that they are still there is that I am puking, tired and I can't fit into any of my work clothes anymore and seeing them makes it so much more reassuring and real, it is such a relief. Still no weight gain for me but of course I am still sick and cannot eat the amount or types of food that would pack in the calories...or if I do I don't get to keep it down for long :) The babies on the other hand are growing wonderfully. They actually look like babies, it is incredible to me that in 4 weeks they went from gummy bears to mini humans. Seeing them is just unbelievable and it is still a little incomprehensible that there are 3 babies in my belly, but there they are. I am in awe of them, my babies. How cool. I could tell that they were getting bigger because I have a pregnant belly much earlier than I would if I had one baby in there and so all I have to do is look down to know that something is happening but it is really cool to see it in real life not just imagine it. Not to mention that the babies now have very visible legs, arms, hands, feet, ribs, faces, it is too much! In addition to heart beats (which were strong as ever), they were moving today which was pretty much the coolest thing I ever did see. Their movements are a little jerky and they aren't swimming around like minnows or anything but they definitely move and kick each other since they are starting to get a bit more snuggley in there as the room around them gets a bit tighter. The best part was that when one got going the other two started up too, so they definitely feel each other and respond to each other's movements. I can't even explain the rush of excitement I get when I see them in there moving and kicking and it is miraculous...holy crap those are my babies, amazing. One of the babies was even opening and closing his mouth! Two of the babies showed us their stuff today! We have 2 boys and a probable third boy but I am holding out for that girl. The third baby, baby C, was being modest, but the other two had no such issues and they were flaunting their packages for all to see. It is pretty unbelievable and Mike was so excited and he and his mom were right there by the TV screen checking them out. We were all laughing and so excited. 2 boys! Mike only gave me a little I told you so but I didn't care, it is so odd to know that there are boys in my belly, boys! It makes it all more real to know that they have a gender and to see them looking like babies. I will have to start buying little premie clothes now, its official. I have held off long enough but I am having boys! Our next ultrasound is in three weeks instead of four, hopefully that baby C will be less modest and we can see what he or she is hiding! It sometimes seems like years in the weeks between appointments because I want to see the babies so much to know they are okay but really things are moving along so fast, we are almost half way there, which is so weird to me. My doctor said that 20 weeks might be too late for bed rest she wants me to go off work next week but I negotiated for 18 weeks and she agreed to that. Only 3 more weeks of work! How weird is that and then I have to sit around at home no driving, no nothing...this could be interesting. laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment