Saturday, January 19, 2008

December 25th, 2007 - Christmas-25 weeks

My family is all safely in Florida and they are enjoying sun, beer and bug bites. Mike and I have had a busy 3 days since he decided to be the hostess with the mostest this holiday season and have gatherings on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th this year. We had the "Guild" friends over for a party on the 23rd and we played games and ate and exchanged gifts. It was a good time and Mike made dinner of ham and people brought food to pass and the party was definitely enjoyable and I made it through without any real pain or contractions. Then on the 24th, Saturday, Mike got up early, cleaned the house and reset the house for our next gathering. He wasn't showing any strain and he was still excited about Christmas and our parties so he was handling things better than I would have if I was the hostess. The Richardson family came over that afternoon for our Christmas and gift exchange since I could not go to my mom's house easily. Kurt and Kelly were in town and Finley was entertaining and a total ham for the camera. Again we had ham and people brought dishes to pass and we ate and talked and opened gifts and listened to Christmas songs and enjoyed each other. We reviewed everyone's travel plans for the next day when everyone was leaving for Florida and we pretended that it was Christmas because for us it was. Then everyone went home and Mike and I looked at each other over the wrapping paper and snacks scattered throughout the house and Mike tidied up and we went to bed in preparation for the next day, Christmas when we would do it all again.   On Christmas morning, Mike and I opened presents with each other and we made some breakfast (he made some breakfast  I sat in the chair) and we waited for his Mom and Tom to come over. I checked in with my family to make sure that they were all driving safely and starting their adventures and then Mom and Tom were here and it was time for talk and presents. Magic, their dog, was helping with presents and very excited and the cats didn't know quite what to think of it all. We all received very nice gifts and discussed the past few days and enjoyed each other's company. Really it was a great few days for being on bed rest, I am lucky and happy that everyone could come to me since I am so very stuck at home. Mom and Tom left and went on to Tom's family gathering and then later in the day Mike's Dad and Kelly and sister Meggyn came over and we talked with them for a bit before they had to go on ahead to their afternoon gathering with the Huber family. We would have liked to see everyone again since both Sara and Abbey are increasingly pregnant as well and Mike's Aunt Linda and cousin Matt were in town, but I just can't drive in the car that far and leave the house for that long right now. Mike stayed at home with me all day, despite all of the other adventures he could have gone on that day and in the evening Tim and Miro came to see us and we talked and laughed, ate pie and closed out Christmas day in conversation and good company. 
After our 3 day social hosting marathon, we have vowed to have a calm next few days with few social calls so we can sleep late and be lazy and prepare the baby's room and just hang out since Mike's is off of work for this week, yay.

 

No comments: