Wednesday, January 16, 2008

November 12th, 2007-19 weeks-My 1st Hospital Adventure

I had my first hospital adventure today. I had contractions all last night and into this morning and they were like every 10 minutes. I drank a ton of water, continued laying on my left side and they still kept coming. Finally I called the doctor on call and they said to come in to the office. I drove myself in because it was Mike's first day at his new job and I didn't want to disturb him. I got to the doctors office and I was still contracting. They did an ultrasound and my cervix was still long and closed and the babies were all okay and then they sent me up to triage to be monitored. Once I got to triage I figured I should probably  tell Mike what was going  on. I tried calling him but no answer...so I text messaged him (I know ridiculous) and said something like "having contractions, at hospital, will call soon" and I am sure that he wanted to kill me because he texted back "are you okay" and I told him yes and gave him a little more info in the next text. I was monitored for 2 hours and started on Procardia and the contractions did let up. The doctor put me on Procardia four times per day to keep the contractions down, so hopefully it will work. It was definitely a long day. Mike was of course furious that I drove myself (he threatened to take my keys away, laugh) and that I didn't call him earlier and that I texted him such a cryptic message, but I realized that I was a little ridiculous for going by myself and for driving myself. I promised to make the appropriate phone calls next time if there is a next time and not to drive anywhere ever again, boo. It was a little scary being there by myself anyway and I was so worried that the contractions might not stop and that I might lose the babies that I wasn't really thinking straight at all when I left the house in the morning. I was very relieved when they stopped and I realize that this is a very fragile thing and that I am going to have to really lay low from now on (and not got to the hair salon and make a quick shopping stop at motherhood maternity and all the sorts of things that I did on my first week of bed rest that probably helped land me in the hospital with contractions...oops)  So I will not over do it because I want my babies to be happy and healthy and stay inside for 12 more weeks or more. I will be a good chair and bed potato...I  promise.  

No comments: