" my 27 week belly "
Today was a very adventurous doctor visit. We started out the day in the lab where I had the joy of getting another glucose tolerance test to see whether I have developed gestational diabetes. I got to drink the yummy(not) orange soda and wait around for an hour, but mom and Georgia kept me company. They also rechecked my b-12 and iron because they were both so low when Iwas in the hospital. Then we ran upstairs (mom and Georgia ran and I got wheeled but still) and I went into ultrasound. The boys are growing so well, I am a proud mommy. Baby a was 2 pounds 6 ounces, Baby B was 2 pounds 5 ounces and Baby C was 2 pounds 5 ounces and they are around 14 inches long, woo hoo, fat babies! My cervix was about 2.5cm long and still closed so it is holding tight to keep those boys in there. The boys were very well behaved and our ultrasound tech was really good at her job and so it was actually a very enjoyable ultrasound session this time. Then once the ultrasound was done we went to my doctor appointment and I got my Rhogam shot which wasn't too bad. We scheduled a non stress test appointment for in two weeks and then I start going to the doctor appointments every week after that. All in all we were there for about 6 hours, it was a long, long day and I was ready for a nap when I got home (so were mom and Georgia), but I am happy with how things are coming along. I am hoping that in two weeks the boys have grown another pound or so because then they would all be safely into the 3 pound range which gets them out of the woods for a few issues...fingers crossed.

No comments:
Post a Comment