Saturday, January 19, 2008

December 18th, 2007 - 24 weeks

"Baby A"
"Baby B"
"Baby C"


We had our 24 week appointment today and we are all excited at reaching this milestone. My doctor of course said that we now have to look toward 28 weeks which is our next big milestone, and I told her that I am looking to 32 weeks or bust.
The boys were pretty funny a the ultrasound today. The technician was grumpy and in a hurry and she said something like "I hope they are behaving today because I have a doctor appointment at 11:30" and it was already like 11am. Normally my ultrasounds take an hour so I already thought she was crazy wishful thinking. I wanted to remind her that if she hadn't kept me waiting in the waiting room for 40 minutes she might of had more time but that would not have been polite. Of course the boys were not behaving, all of them were in really awkward positions so she was having trouble getting good measurements and huffing and puffing a bit, like that's going to move them lady. Plus every time she got the picture in focus that she needed the baby would move and she would grumble and have to find him again, and the other babies were going crazy because she was pressing kind of hard so all you could see on the screen was 3-4 arms and legs, hands or feet flashing into the picture of whichever baby's belly or head she was trying to measure. It was like they knew that she was in a hurry and they wanted to mess with her. Even though her mashing on me was a bit painful, I was still amused at the babies for being so persnickety and for moving so much that it looked like a big pile of baby parts instead of the usual 3 babies each in their own space. She finally did get their measurements but had to leave before she was finished so someone else took over for her.
They are getting really big and squished in there. It is obvious that they have less room and that one little kick from one baby really gets the one next to him going. That must be really weird, although they don't know any different I suppose. Baby A and C are breach and Baby B is head down so they are all bumped up against each other's heads and butt and their little elbows and feet can really crank on each other if they move a lot. They all are in their own little sacs of fluid but it doesn't look like much of a barrier when thy really get going. As for their measurements, Baby A was 1 pound 3 ounces, Baby B, our mini, was 15 ounces, and Baby C was 1 pound 1 ounce and they are all 11-12 inches long. Our little Baby B is always the calmest both in ultrasound and in me, he kicks but not hard like the other boys, and he is so far the littlest, he is my zen baby. He does the coolest things on ultrasound though like suck his thumb or open and close his mouth or stretch really big. I think he will catch up, he is close pursuit.
Our next appointment is not for 3 weeks. This makes me a little nervous but since my cervix is still closed and made no changes I guess that they feel comfortable making the next appointment a but further out. Also it is the holidays and I am certain that has something to do with it because the office is closed for the next 2 weeks of Mondays and Tuesdays. We have a big appointment next time though, I have to have my labs drawn and my glucose tolerance test and then I have to get my Rhogam at my appointment. We will be 27 1/2 weeks by then and it will be getting exciting, not that it isn't now. Grow babies, grow!

PS No pictures this week :( The grumpy "I am running late, I have a doctor appointment" ultrasound lady didn't print us out any and I was too distracted and my belly hurt too much to remember to ask until it was too late and we were already out of the ultrasound room, ugh.

No comments: